Who we are
GP Synergy is the leading provider of the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program in NSW and ACT.
We have been partnering in the provision of primary healthcare to rural, remote and metropolitan communities since 2001.
Across our eight subregions, our regional medical education and administration teams work closely with just under 2000 supervisors in more than 1200 accredited training facilities to nurture and develop our next generation of GPs.
We are the largest provider of the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program
More than one-third of AGPT GP registrars in Australia train with GP Synergy.
We deliver regionalised education and training across NSW and ACT
Our regional administration and medical education teams are based out of nine regional offices located across NSW and ACT.
We have 20 years experience in training highly skilled GPs
Incorporation of SIGPET - the Sydney Institute of General Practice Education and Training.
Merger SIGPET and NEATS into GP Synergy
GP Synergy contract extends to deliver the AGPT program in New England/Northwest.
IGPE joins GP Synergy
GP Synergy expands for the second time, acquiring the contract to deliver the AGPT program in South/South Western Sydney.
PGPPP program commences
GP Synergy commences delivery of the Prevocational General Practice Placements Program (PGPPP) within its footprint.
GP Synergy awarded AGPT contract for NSW and ACT
GP Synergy becomes the largest AGPT training provider in Australia, delivering the AGPT program in Western NSW, Lower Eastern NSW and North Eastern NSW.
Practice Experience Program (PEP) program commencement
GP Synergy commences delivery of the RACGP PEP program.
Our strategic direction
GP Synergy is committed to providing an excellent education experience to provide the highest quality general practice care.
- Optimising the potential of doctors working towards fellowship
- Providing a quality practice and supervision experience
- Developing and supporting supervisors
- Developing capacity and capability of the medical education team
- Providing educational leadership
- Delivering best practice education
GP Synergy will maintain a community focus and play our part in meeting current and future health needs of communities across rural and urban NSW and ACT. Critical to meeting community need is ensuring healthcare delivery is culturally appropriate and results in improved healthcare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. GP Synergy is committed to being a ‘listening’ organisation. As a health organisation, we recognise we must be accountable to, and help meet, the expectations of the wider community.
- Listening and responding to community needs
- Local focus and decision making
- Closing the Gap - GP Synergy's Stretch Reconciliation Action Plan 2021-2024
- Socially accountable – exploring SA8000 opportunities
Wellbeing at work
GP Synergy’s greatest asset is our workforce. Employee wellbeing at work is key to customer experience and service quality. Supporting and developing our employees is critical to their personal and professional fulfilment, enhancing leadership at all levels and education excellence. This in turn, will have positive effects on our extended workforce, specifically our health and practice professionals.
- Investing in supporting and retaining our employees
- Creating a work environment in which employees are empowered to carry out their work
- Developing our leadership teams
The work of GP Synergy is highly dependent on the input and support of our key partners and funding partners - RACGP, ACRRM, and the Department of Health, in addition to our NSW and ACT government partners, members and community partners. We are committed to forging strong and effective relationships with our valued partners.
- Valuing our key partners
- Forging strategic partnerships
Continuous quality improvement is essential for GP Synergy to be a high-performing organisation. It is GP Synergy’s intent that all decision-making, including policy development, is underpinned by a sound evidence base to guide placements and underpin day-to-day decisions. To achieve this, we are committed to maintaining a robust research program and acquiring necessary data and information.
- A quality improvement framework underpinning our decision making
- Fact-based decision making - objectivity and transparency
- A relevant and robust research program
- Data quality
GP Synergy will use its resources, including people, finance and technology, to responsibly achieve its purpose, now and into the future. We will be accountable to our funders and all stakeholders to be an efficient and effective steward of those resources.
- Investment of our key resources to achieve our strategic goals
- Improving our business processes
- An effective information and communications technology base
- Effectively managing risk
Positioned for the future
GP Synergy will build on our strength as an agile training organisation that is responsive in adapting to changes in our operating and funding environment. Further changes are inevitable, and GP Synergy is committed to being a strong and effective company that contributes to a healthy future for general practice in Australia, and specifically within NSW and ACT.
- Business intelligence
- Leading and participating in key policy conversations
- Investigating opportunities for diversification
- Succession management - organisational sustainability
- Reducing our footprint - environmental sustainability
7.35 million transactions
More than 7.35 million transactions were processed through our online training management system GPRime in 2020-2021.
IT capability driving operational efficiency
The extensive capabilities of our online training management system, GPRime, is used across our organisation to drive efficiency.
GPRime’s functionality extends across all key areas of our organisation such as registrar placement, registrar enrolment, education requirements, offer and induction, accreditation, finance, clinical teacher visits, communications, reporting, amongst others.
GPRime not only improves internal operational efficiency; it also streamlines administrative process for supervisors, training facilities and registrars, as well as providing users with visibility and access to training records and other information.
GP Synergy is certified through Lloyd’s Register as the independent certifying body under the international ISO 27001 standard for its Information Security Management System (ISMS). This certifies that GP Synergy:
- systematically examines our information security risks taking into account threats, vulnerabilities and impacts
- designs and implements a coherent and comprehensive suite of information security controls to address those risks deemed unacceptable
- adopts an overarching management process to ensure that information security controls are continually improved.